We created a new Virtual Run for you – a tour around Krakatoa
Krakatoa is perhaps the most famous volcano. It is located in islands in Indonesia and to this day remains as one of the most feared volcanoes on the Earth. Its explosive eruption in 1883 is considered to be one of the most catastrophic eruptions in history. This volcano is so famous that it has two Hollywood movies dedicated to it. What better destination for your next virtual run?
Here are some interesting facts about Krakatoa:
- The loudest volcano – Krakatoa’s eruption in 1883 generated the loudest sound ever reported in history. It was heard as far away as Perth in Australia (around 1,930 miles away) and the island of Rodrigues near Mauritius – a whopping 3,000 miles from Krakatoa!
As we started speaking of miles – why don’t you join our volcanic event and create your own history with the sound of breaking your record for longest distant and earn our beautiful and feared Krakatoa medal? Run for your life. Challenge yourself now.
- The destroyer of worlds – Official records held that 165 villages and towns surrounding Krakatoa were destroyed and 132 more were seriously damaged. Nearly 36,500 people died, and many thousands injured, mostly due to the vast tsunamis which occurred following the explosion.
Scary, isn’t it? Why don’t you find out if you could escape the destroyer of worlds by outrunning it? Join our event and find out. Collect Krakatoa or it will collect you.
- As mighty as the Gods themselves – When the volcano erupted in 1883, the explosion fired up hot ash 50 miles into the air. The force was about 13,000 times more powerful than the bomb that devastated Hiroshima in 1945.
Do you have that nuclear power in you? Use it. Let it go (as Elsa from Frozen ones said). Feel the power of the ancient times by participating in our event. Run with the power inside you.
So you can see why we decided to include Krakatoa in our volcanic collection of medals created especially for you. Our medal represents the ancient power of the nature. Earn it.
The medals we designed include special elements that are unique for each place where the volcanoes are – from the design of the volcanoes themselves down to the ribbon. We want to provide you with great experience when you sport. We hope you like it.
They can destroy lives but they also can create it. As volcanoes burn with that energy they create themselves, they become better, stronger, powerful. That’s why created those medals – to remind you that sport melts down your worst so that your best can be seen. Use that to challenge yourself and become a better version of yourself. Now run!
Here is how you can participate and win your medal in our Virtual Challenge:
Pick a challenge -> Track and send your results -> Get your medal
- Find and pick your virtual challenge
- Pick a challenge that inspires you from our website HERE
- It’s not necessary to create an account
- Run ANYTIME & ANYPLACE to complete the challenge
- USE ANY APP or SMARTWATCH to track your results
- Run, Walk or Cycle
- No deadline
- Track and send
- Set a GOAL with your fitness APP, same as the challenge distance
- Run at your convenience
- You can split the runs
- Complete the goal you set in your fitness app
- Email us a screenshot or .gpx file to email@example.com
- Get your stunning and winner’s medal
- As a reward, you will get a state of the art WINNER’S MEDAL
- Unique, modern medal design
- We ship Worldwide
- We mail out your medal via post within 2 business days after sending us the completed challenge screenshot or .gpx file
If you have any questions – don’t hesitate and ask us 🙂 You can follow us on Facebook.
Krakatoa is one of the most famous and fearsome volcanoes on Earth. The 1883 cataclysmic eruption ejected approximately 25 km3 of rock. The explosion was heard 3,600 km away in Australia and on the island of Rodrigues near Mauritius. Eruptions in the area have built a new island named Anak Krakatoa which is Indonesian for “Child of Krakatoa”. Indonesia has the most volcanoes of any other nation, with over 130 active volcanoes.
There are no reviews yet.