We created a new Virtual Challenge for you – a tour around Vesuvius.
Vesuvius is perhaps the volcano that everybody knows about and it’s the first name of a volcano that comes to mind. Everybody knows that Vesuvius is the volcano that destroyed Pompey in ancient Rome.
It’s considered that Vesuvius probably originated 200,000 years ago. Although a relatively young volcano, Vesuvius had been dormant for centuries before the great eruption of 79 CE that buried the cities of Pompeii, Oplontis, and Stabiae under ashes and lapilli and the city of Herculaneum under a mudflow. We don’t want to worry you but Mount Vesuvius is considered an active volcano. It very well could erupt again.
Here are some interesting facts about Vesuvius:
- Game changer – Before 79AD there was no name for the volcano. Following the devastating eruption, it was named after the Roman God of the Flame and Metal Forgery – Vulcan. The eruption in 79 AD released a hundred thousand times the thermal energy released by the Hiroshima bombing. The exact death toll of Vesuvius is unknown.
Can you win against this name changer? Go against the volcano and find out.
- Double power – Yes, that’s right. Vesuvius is formed of two volcanoes. Mount Vesuvius doesn’t stand alone. While the ‘main peak’ is named Vesuvius, there is another mountain which is attached to it, Monte Somma. Atop this second mountain is a caldera, or crater, which was created following a previous eruption. Mount Vesuvius actually grew out of the top of Monte Somma.
Use the power of Vesuvius and charge yourself with the energy needed for your run. Use it to motivate yourself.
- A sleeping giant – Vesuvius is dormant which means that the sleeping giant can erupt anytime. So that makes the adventure even more scary and thrilling.
If you really want to concur with this giant, you can participate in our event and go against Vesuvius itself. Earn the medal for the victory against him.
Your new virtual challenge is here.
If you enjoy the extreme adventures, make a run around the volcano. Earn the medal of the great and powerful Vesuvius. We designed this medal as your award for your commitment and achievements. Join our event and earn your award.
The medals we designed to include special elements that are unique for each place where the volcanoes are – from the design of the volcanoes themselves down to the ribbon. Most importantly, we want to provide you with a great experience when you sport. We hope you like it.
As you can see they can destroy lives but they also can create them. As volcanoes burn with that energy they create themselves, they become better, stronger, powerful. The reason why created this virtual challenge and those medals – to remind you that sport melts down your worst to show your best. Use that to challenge yourself and become a better version of yourself. Now run!
Here is how you can participate and win your medal:
Pick a challenge -> Track and send your results -> Get your medal
- Find and pick your virtual challenge
- Pick a challenge that inspires you from our website HERE
- It’s not necessary to create an account
- Run ANYTIME & ANYPLACE to complete the challenge
- USE ANY APP or SMARTWATCH to track your results
- Run, Walk, or Cycle
- No deadline
- Track and send
- Set a GOAL with your fitness APP, same as the challenge distance
- Run at your convenience
- You can split the runs
- Complete the goal you set in your fitness app
- Email us a screenshot or .gpx file to email@example.com
- Get your stunning and winner’s medal
- As a reward, you will get a state of the art WINNER’S MEDAL
- Unique, modern metal design
- We ship Worldwide
- We mail out your medal via post within 2 business days after sending us the completed challenge screenshot or .gpx file
If you have any questions – don’t hesitate and ask us 🙂 You can follow us on Facebook.
Mount Vesuvius is a stratovolcano located on the Gulf of Naples in Campania, Italy. The fearsome eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79 destroyed the Roman cities. The eruption ejected a cloud of stones, ashes, and volcanic gases to a height of 33 km. Today Vesuvius is one of the most dangerous volcanoes in the world because of the population of 3,000,000 people living near. Would you dare to complete this virtual run and earn this real stunning medal?
There are no reviews yet.